March 25 2022,9:00 am – 3:30 pm Self-Care for the Prevention of Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and Burnout
New Beginnings at Waverly is an established provider of affordable, high-quality, and professional continuing education workshops in the behavioral health and addiction studies field. Our goal is to provide four workshops per year across multiple disciplines.
Our professional workshops are usually held on the grounds of our main facility in Waverly, Minnesota, just 35 miles west of Minneapolis. Due to COVID, we are currently hosting workshops via Zoom. Professional workshops are open to everyone for a nonrefundable fee of $35.00. For more information, please send us an e-mail and you will soon begin to receive quarterly announcements for any upcoming workshops.
- A nonrefundable fee of $35 is due at registration.
- Once you have registered and paid, you will receive a confirmation notice. If you have not received a confirmation email please contact Peggy Segerstrom by calling 763-658-5800 ext. 1512 or email us at Alumni@NBminnesota.com.
- ALL WRIGHT COUNTY EMPLOYEES please call or email Peggy directly to register.
- A handout for the workshop will be emailed to you. If you do not receive an email containing the handout a week prior to the scheduled workshop please contact Peggy by phone or email at least 24 hours before the workshop.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact us to allow others to attend as space is limited. If you have a replacement for your spot we will need to know at least 24 hours in advance.
For more Information on each individual Workshop or to Register:
Click on the “REGISTER“ button on the workshop you wish to attend, there you will find more information. To register for a specific workshop fill in your “Personal Information“. Once you have completed the registration and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you. Please note you are not registered until payment is received. A handout for the workshop will be emailed to you prior to the workshop.
Workshop & Learning Objectives:
- Understand the subtle differences between Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma/Secondary Trauma stress and Burnout.
- Recognize the symptoms of Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma, and Burnout
- Explore and understand COVID effects
- Recognize the ethical implications of impairment and the need for self-monitoring
- Identify your personal scores for Compassion Satisfaction, Secondary Traumatic Stress and Burnout.
- Developing and instituting Self-Care