Just for WomenNew Beginnings Minnesota has addiction treatment programs designed specifically for women.
The women’s residential program offers a chance for female clients to focus on their respective issues in private, intimate settings.
- We offer women a separate treatment facility to enhance their sense of safety and privacy. Our programming is individualized and gender-specific to allow women the opportunity to focus on their unique needs.
- Women entering the residential program are admitted to the program through the main Waverly campus, where they meet with intake, nursing and admissions staff, and may receive any needed medical stabilization. Once admitted, they begin attending programming at the Women’s Treatment Facility.
- Women may stay right at the Women’s Facility, or at one of several nearby locations
- All the housing sites are supervised by female staff members.
- We provide transportation between the different campuses, so women can focus on what is truly important – a sense of peace and security as they travel the road to recovery!
Our women’s program offers a variety of treatment protocols, individually prescribed for each patient’s unique needs and may include:
- Medical management
- Primary treatment
- Group and individual sessions
- Family programs
- Women-specific curriculum
- Women’s mental health psychotherapy groups
- Female-centered nutritional lectures
- Women’s separate lodging with services
- Relapse awareness groups
- Recovery skills
- Therapeutic recreation and relaxation
- Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Continuing care services to support our “Lifetime Recovery” principle
- New Beginnings Minnesota Alumni programs and support
Recovery Programs Proven to Work for Women
Our patients identify our group therapy model as the number one healing factor in their treatment.*
● Over 90% of our patients consistently report overall satisfaction with our recovery services.#
● Our patients consistently report “feeling cared for” and getting the support they need.
● We offer family members the opportunity to be involved by participating in education and family groups, to help women build both support and relationships with loved ones.
● We encourage 12-step program involvement, and provide contacts and resources for continued support throughout the recovery process.
*NB Patient Satisfaction Data (2014).
#Smith, D.T. (February 2014) Comparing patient identified healing and satisfaction
differences affecting treatment services. Counselor, Vol.15 No.1, pp. 64-69.
Through Treatment, Follow-Up, and Maintenance . . . We Are Here.
Our women’s treatment programs offer calm, serene, and safe environments that encourage reflection and assessment of one’s own substance abuse and chemical dependency issues.
● We offer customized treatment planning, addressing the needs of women facing their own unique challenges of drug or alcohol addiction.
● We provide peer-to-peer contact with other women in recovery through our New Beginnings Minnesota Alumni Association, emphasizing our long-term commitment to community, fellowship, friendship, and support.
● We offer ongoing recovery related support services for all New Beginnings Minnesota alumni.
● We serve women from all walks of life and across the entire adult age spectrum.
● Our services are covered by most health insurance policies.
Since 1982 New Beginnings Minnesota has been rebuilding the lives of women affected by addiction . . . locally, discreetly, effectively, affordably