- This event has passed.
Ethics and Boundaries
November 15, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$35.00
Gary Schoener is a clinical psychologist who serves as the Director of the Inst. for Consultation & Training of the Walk-In Counseling Center. He was Executive Director of the Center for 37 years. He is an author who lectures and consults internationally ethics & boundaries. He was the first recipient of MARRCH’s Bernie Bellings Award for contributions in ethics, and has been a consultant at the national level on sub-stance abuse programming for nearly 50 years. He serves as an expert witness and also does evaluations and remedial boundaries training for counselors who are under discipline from Boards or their employer.
Workshop & Learning Objectives:
The program will focus on a variety of ethical & boundary issues that counselors face and that supervisors face in today’s health care and community environment. Issues will include updates on duties to report misconduct, duties to break confidentiality to prevent violence, boundaries challenges on the internet, delivery of services at a distance, relationships with former clients, and many other issues. He will utilize case examples and video clips, and there will be an opportunity to ask questions & discuss gray areas. Handouts will be available to participants electronically.
As a Result of the Training Participants will:
• Participants will be able to articulate current Minnesota standards for duty to warn and protect;
• Participants will be able to articulate duties to report professional misconduct
• Participants will be able to describe five key ethical principles key to decision-making
• Participants will be able to discuss key challenges in social media interaction with clients
• Participants will be able to articulate challenges in use of internet social support sites
Date: November 15th, 2019 – 9:00am– 3:00pm
Cost: $35.00 for 6 CEUs (lunch will be provided)
Location: 109 North Shore Drive, Waverly MN 55390
Contact: Jackie Shorr
(763) 658-5800 x 1513 or